Purolator is launching a new service to take advantage of the boom in e-commerce throughout Canada.
On Thursday, it introducted Purolator QuickShip, the country’s first service that gives businesses the opportunity to deliver products to consumers seven days a week with same-day or next-day delivery.
“In the next five years, we anticipate that 50 per cent of the delivery market in Canada will be direct-to-home, with consumers expecting quick and reliable deliveries at times that are convenient for them, like evenings and weekends,” said John Ferguson, President and CEO of Purolator, in a news release.
“We’re listening and we’re acting. QuickShip is the first and only service available in Canada that provides businesses the ability to fulfil online orders the same day or next day with a guaranteed delivery time. It’s a premium service that gives our customers a completely new delivery option to meet consumers’ growing needs for choice, convenience and flexibility.”
The service will be available in four of Canada’s largest metropolitan areas – Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Montreal, Ottawa and Vancouver.
The company said Purolator QuickShip is part of the company’s five-year $1-billion delivering the future growth and innovation investment plan, which is focused on accelerating customers’ digital experiences and driving growth for businesses of all sizes.
Purolator cited the following e-commerce fast facts and consumers’ online shopping habits in Canada to support its latest initiative:
- 86 per cent of Canadian adults shop online;
- 68 per cent shop in the evening, especially between 7 and 10 p.m.;
- there isn’t a typical day of the week to shop, with 74 per cent indicating they shop any day;
- 67 per cent are “somewhat satisfied” with the time it takes to receive their packages as compared to 20 per cent who are “extremely satisfied;”
- “speed of delivery” ranked second behind “product availability” by retailers as top considerations for their online customers;
- 71 per cent of retailers agree that creating smarter and more efficient shipping practices will contribute to a better experience for their customers.